Friday, February 2, 2007

A Little About Broken TeePee Designs



Website address: www.brokenteepeedesigns.etsy.com



How did you become interested in the items you sell? I started making beaded jewelry almost as a fluke. I have a lot of medical problems including very poor eyesight. When I learned I would need two pairs of glasses I decided I wanted to make beaded eyeglass holders so I could keep the glasses handy for myself. Well, I found my talent! I fell in love with the beads and the colors. I started making jewelry and decided if I didn't start selling it I would soon run out of space. I have since acquired a third pair of glassed to wear while beading! I have chronic headaches and although I can only work in very short bursts of time it does help distract me from my headache. I also have difficulties with maneuvering my hands.

How did you come up with your name? I called my little hobby business Broken Teepee because we had just moved to Montana and the only thing on the lot we bought was this broken teepee. I figured no one else would have the name....

What type of items do you sell? I sell beaded and sterling silver jewelry. I use semi precious gemstones and other stones to create brightly colored and uniquely designed bracelets, earrings and necklaces. I have also worked with customers to custom design pieces to suit their needs.

What makes your items unique? I think my pieces are unique because of the way I use color. I think that it is because of the way I see (or maybe don't :) ) see things. I don't tend to see very well, but I do see colors vividly. I love to combine colors that you might not tend to see together.


Broken TeePee has offered readers of this blog a 25% discount, good through February 16th. Be sure to mention that you saw her mentioned on Indie Arts Buzz!


Patty has also contributed a gorgeous Sterling Silver and Garnet bracelet for the monthly giveaway. Be sure to sign up for our mailing list to be entered to win a basket full of great products from selected featured artists!

I adore this bracelet! The colors of the lampworked beads are perfectly picked up by the turquoise, pearls, and the mother of pearl beads. It's just so pretty!